Parking Services privacy notice
This Privacy Notice is designed to help you understand how and why the Licensing and Parking Service processes your personal data. This notice should be read in conjunction with the Council’s Corporate Privacy Notice.
Who are we?
Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council is a ‘Data Controller’ as defined by Article 4(7) of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR). The Licensing and Parking team provide parking permits to residents and carry out enforcement duties in relation to parking restrictions.
Data Protection Officer
Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council
Redcar and Cleveland House
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect information such as:
- Name, address, phone number and email address
- Vehicle registration number
- Name of the registered keeper
- Photographic evidence of the car
- Car make and model
- The location of the car at the time of a civil parking offence
- Civil parking offence details
- Correspondence we have had with you
- Your credit/debit card details if you have paid for a service by card
Why do we collect your personal information?
In order to provide parking services and to enforce parking regulations, it is necessary for us to collect and hold personal information about you. Information will be collected to carry out the following tasks:
- Parking enforcement and the issuing of Penalty Charge Notices
- Parking appeals
- Permits and other dispensations such as season tickets and resident parking permits
- Card payments for parking, including the use of RingGo
Who do we obtain your information from?
Other than from yourself, registered keeper details are collected from the DVLA
Who do we share this information with?
We may share your information with partner organisations including:
- Collection agencies (bailiff), used to recover outstanding debt owed to the Council in respect of parking enforcement
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA), for information in relation to the enforcement of Penalty Charge Notices
- County Court, to register the debt that remains unpaid
- Traffic Penalty Tribunal, for administrating parking penalty appeals.
- Traffic Enforcement Centre (TEC)
How long do we keep your information for?
Data relating to a permits and a PCN will be held for 6 years from the year a case is closed.
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council relies on the following lawful basis to process your personal data:
UK GDPR Article 6(1)(c) – Legal obligation: Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject
The legislations, policies and guidance that relate to this service includes, but is not limited to:
- Traffic Management Act 2004
- Civil Enforcement of Parking Contraventions (England) General Regulations 2007
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984
For more information about how the Council uses your data, including your privacy rights and the complaints process, please see our Corporate Privacy Notice.