Business Engagement Team - Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is designed to help you understand how and why the Business Engagement Team processes your personal data. This notice should be read in conjunction with the Council’s Corporate Privacy Notice.
Who are we?
Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council is a ‘Data Controller’ as defined by Article 4(7) of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR). The Business Engagement Team is a part of the Growth, Enterprise and Environment directorate. The team is in place to support businesses to grow and invest in Redcar and Cleveland and to also support residents who wish to go into self-employment.
Data Protection Officer contact details are:
Data Protection Officer
Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council
Redcar and Cleveland House
What personal information do we collect?
When making an enquiry with the Business Engagement Team, we may collect the following categories of personal information:
- Job title
- Organisation and address
- Personal address
- Corporate telephone number
- Personal telephone number
- Corporate email address
- Personal email address
- Financial data in relation to funding application processing
- IP address
Why do we collect your personal information?
We collect and process information about you for the following purposes:
- To provide a response to an enquiry you have made to us directly or has been referred to us.
- To carry out assessment and monitoring of funding applications.
- To continue to engage with you and your organisation to support your business, including through our free e-newsletter service which we will seek additional consent from yourself to add you to our mailing list. Consent will be sought by either email correspondence, directly from yourself via our e-newsletter sign-up form, in-person or via telephone. A reminder on how you can unsubscribe at any time will be provided periodically as a feature within our ‘Business Bulletin’.
- To statistically monitor performance of the Business Engagement Team.
- Event monitoring
Your personal data is stored securely on a third-party cloud storage database hosted by Tractivity Limited (Company number: 04207789) and via our internal Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council computer database.
If you submit an enquiry form through our Place Marketing website https://redcarcleveland.co.uk/business/, your personal data, including IP address, will be stored securely through our web site host, iTCHYROBOT UK Ltd (Company number: 07210276).
We do process some of your information outside of the EU, as event registrations are processed using Eventbrite, which is based outside of the UK.
Eventbrite has signed up to Standard Contractual Clauses which meet GDPR requirements.
Who do we obtain your information from?
Personal information is provided directly by yourself when you submit an enquiry with us or when you chose to subscribe to our mailing list.
We do obtain your information from other RCBC teams that you have been involved with such as the Ambassador programme and Town centre management team.
We also obtain your personal information from external partners whom you have previously been involved with.
Who do we share this information with?
Your personal information will not be shared with any organisation outside of Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council without your expressed consent.
We may legally be required to disclose your details for legal or regulatory reasons.
How long do we keep your information for?
Your information is securely stored. The retention period for this service is 6 years after the last known interaction with you and 6 years for any funding related enquiries from the date of the last payment made.
6 years from the last known interaction with you.
Financial data in relation to funding application processing
6 years from last payment made.
What is our lawful basis for processing your information?
Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council relies on the following lawful basis to process your personal data:
- UK GDPR Article 6(1)(a) – when you have given consent for us to process your information.
- UK GDPR Article 6(1)(b) – we have a contract with you to process your information to assist with funding applications.
For more information about how the Council uses your data, including your privacy rights and the complaints process, please see our Corporate Privacy Notice.
You can also download this privacy notice below: