Licensing and permits

Here you can find information and forms for renewing or applying for new licences and permits.


Information about how to apply for an acupuncture licence can be found here.

Boat and tractor parks

A permit is required to park your boat or tractor in any of the Council's boat and tractor parks.

Charitable collections

If you want to collect money or sell items on the street for charity, you will need a street collection licence.

Explosives licences

Any person planning to keep explosives such as fireworks, safety cartridges or vehicle airbag detonators is required by law to have a current licence.


Find information on how to apply for gambling licences and permits.

Hairdresser registration

To operate a hairdresser or a barber, the business owner and the premises must be registered with us.

Occasional sales

To hold an occasional sale such as a car boot sale in Redcar and Cleveland you will need to notify Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council.

Pavement licences

A pavement licence allow licence holders to place removable furniture over certain highways adjacent to the premises in relation to which the application was made.

Petroleum storage

If you operate a workplace in Redcar and Cleveland where petrol is stored and dispensed into vehicles then the storage facility must have a Petroleum Storage Certificate [PSC].

Pleasure boats

A licence is required to let out pleasure boats to members of the public

Sex establishments

Premises that are used for a business, which consists of the sale, hiring or exchange of sex articles to a significant degree, require a licence.

Skin treatments

To offer cosmetic skin treatments, both the person performing the treatment and the premises must be registered with us.

Scrap metal dealers

Any person running a business of buying or selling scrap metal or as a motor salvage operator is required to apply for a scrap metal dealer licence.

Sports grounds

If you operate a sports ground which is not designated as requiring a safety certificate, you will still require a safety certificate for any covered stand that holds 500 or more spectators.

Street trading

The sale of goods from streets within the borough of Redcar & Cleveland requires a prior consent to do so.

Contact this service