Redcar and Cleveland Family Hubs
Your children centres have changed and are now known as our 'Family Hubs'.
There will be three main Family Hubs, which are based in previous children centre sites, in Greater Eston (Ormesby), East Cleveland (Saltburn) and Redcar. These family hubs will bring together Council services, including family hub support staff, (previously children's centre staff), health visitors, school nurses and our prevention teams. This new model brings opportunities for staff to be integrated together on one site and to deliver a seamless service for you and your family.
Services will continue to be delivered from our Community based Family Hubs including Grangetown, South Bank, Dormanstown, Greengates, Errington, Loftus, Guisborough, Skelton and Whitecliffe.
Our new family hub services that are being delivered, are based on the needs of local people and provide children and families with a targeted integrated early help offer. The offer of early help support starts in the antenatal period for mothers/fathers-to-be and provides help up to families until your child reaches primary school.
What does the family hub offer?
- Pregnancy Birth and Beyond - an antenatal preparation programme for new parents. This programme will be delivered by Health Visitors and Midwives in our Family Hub centres;
- Midwifery Appointments - Booking and follow up midwifery and antenatal appointments ran by the midwives;
- Health Drop In – a session delivered by your local Health Visitor and Early Years Senior Practitioners, where you can ask any questions and have your baby can be weighed monthly;
- Breast Friends - A social group for breast feeding families and parents to be, supported by trained staff;
- Starting Solids – Up to date healthy advice for parents when introducing solids to your child;
- Wriggle, Read and Rhyme (with Bookstart) – a session for parent / carer and child 2 years and above in a group environment. This session promotes early communication and language whilst supporting parents to improve the home learning environment by regularly sharing stories, books and rhymes;
- Chat, Sing and Read at Home (0-5 yr. olds) – a package of support delivered in the home to enhance the home learning environment whilst promoting communication and language. Families will also be supported to access community groups in their local area;
- Early Years Parenting Support (0-5 yr. olds) – support and information is provided to help parents feel more confident in parenting including topics such as regarding routines and boundaries;
- HENRY Programme – HENRY supports families in choosing healthy lifestyles, including making health food choices for their children and gives parents and carers ideas for lots of fun ways to get children moving around;
- Home Safety Assessments – This is an assessment visit which looks at risks within the home environment followed by advice on equipment and how to keep the home safe. Safety messages will be shared and a Fire Safety Referral can be completed to the Cleveland Fire Brigade if necessary. Aimed at families with children aged 0-5 years old;
- Training Programmes – We work closely with adult training providers who deliver enrolments and courses on our family hub sites.
For more information regarding our family hubs please visit our website https://www.redcar-cleveland.gov.uk/surestart
The Main Family Hubs contact details
East Cleveland Family Hub (Saltburn)
Marske Mill Lane
Greater Eston Family Hub (Ormesby)
Redcar Family Hub