Redcar and Cleveland Family Hubs
COVID 19 Update – Currently our Family Hubs are closed to the public unless invited in on an appointment basis. To speak to a member of staff please contact the family hubs numbers at the bottom of this page.
Your children centres have changed and are now known as our 'Family Hubs'.
There are three main Family
Hubs, which are based in previous children centre sites, in Greater Eston
(Ormesby), East Cleveland (Saltburn) and Redcar. These family hubs will bring together Council services, including family hub support staff, (previously children's centre staff), health visitors, school nurses and our prevention teams. This new model brings opportunities for staff to be integrated together on one site and to deliver a seamless service for you and your family.
Services continue to be
delivered by our Family Hub Team however the way we currently deliver our
services has changed. Sessions and interventions will be offered either by
appointment only basis, virtually or through social distancing visits.
Our new family hub services that are being delivered, are based on the needs of local people and provide children and families with a targeted integrated early help offer. The offer of early help support starts in the antenatal period for mothers/fathers-to-be and provides help up to families until your child reaches primary school.
What does the family hub offer?
Please note that some of these sessions and appointments will be delivered differently due to Covid-19.
Sessions will be offered either by appointment only basis, virtually or through social distancing visits. Please contact your local family hub for details.;
- Breast Friends - A social group for breast feeding families and parents to be, supported by trained staff;
- Starting Solids – Up to date healthy advice for parents when introducing solids to your child;
- Wriggle, Read and Rhyme (with Bookstart) – a session for parent / carer and child 2 years and above in a group environment. This session promotes early communication and language whilst supporting parents to improve the home learning environment by regularly sharing stories, books and rhymes;
- Chat, Sing and Read at Home (0-5 yr. olds) – a package of support delivered in the home to enhance the home learning environment whilst promoting communication and language. Families will also be supported to access community groups in their local area;
- Early Years Parenting Support (0-5 yr. olds) – support and information is provided to help parents feel more confident in parenting including topics such as regarding routines and boundaries;
- HENRY Programme – HENRY supports families in choosing healthy lifestyles, including making health food choices for their children and gives parents and carers ideas for lots of fun ways to get children moving around;
- Home Safety Assessments – This is an assessment visit which looks at risks within the home environment followed by advice on equipment and how to keep the home safe. Safety messages will be shared and a Fire Safety Referral can be completed to the Cleveland Fire Brigade if necessary. Aimed at families with children aged 0-5 years old;
- New Parents Group - An open access group for new mums, including those who have had a baby during the pandemic. Support and discussion around baby's brain development, sensory play, sleep, routines and general advice and guidance. A chance to chat with other new mums.
- Movers, Tappers and Shakers - An open access session. This session is a great way to start the day and stay active whilst learning new songs and having fun along the way! Join us for some singing, dancing and action songs from the comfort of your own home.
Healthy Start Vitamins
Free vitamins from public health can be sourced through your local family hub. Please contact your local hub for details.
The criteria for these vitamins is for:
- If you are pregnant
- If you are breastfeeding
- Any child under 4 years who has stopped taking formula milk
For more information about our Family Hubs, please visit our Facebook pages for each area by clicking the links below:
The Main Family Hubs contact details
East Cleveland Family Hub (Saltburn)
Marske Mill Lane
Greater Eston Family Hub (Ormesby)
Redcar Family Hub
For Family Hub services, please complete the Family Hub Referral Form available to download by clicking in the related documents menu once completed they need to be emailed to FamilyHubs@redcar-cleveland.gov.uk.