- Midwifery appointments - Midwifery appointments are very flexible and tailored to you and your pregnancy needs. The midwife will review your physical and mental well being at every antenatal appointment. Information and education will be provided at every appointment relevant to your gestation period.
- Aqua Natal sessions – are provided by Midwifery services. These are Water based exercise specially designed for pregnant women, with the aim to keep you fit alongside numerous health benefits for your pregnancy. Available to all women during their pregnancy at a variety of locations. Free with Everyone Active gym/classes membership. Contact your midwife to find out more!
- Health Visitor antenatal appointment - This is the first contact with your health visitor who will contact you between 28 and 40 weeks of your pregnancy so you can get to know each other, explain what you can expect from the health visiting service & determine any needs you and your family may have whilst you also providing you with some public health information relating to having a new baby.
- HENRY – preparation for parenthood sessions - Provides a practical opportunity to support parents to be, preparing for life with a new baby, including preparation for birth, caring, bonding and the early feeding of your baby. Currently these are by invitation only to first-time-parents or those with vulnerabilities. You will be invited by your Health Visitor if you are eligible.
- Stop Smoking Service - If you smoke and are pregnant you will be offered one-to-one support and a range of Nicotine Replacement products to help you quit. You will be supported throughout your pregnancy and beyond at a time and in a place to suit you.
- Teenage Pregnancy Support - A health visitor will make contact with you during your pregnancy to provide additional support if needed. The health visitor will contact you monthly until the birth of your baby and after the birth, they will continue the regular support as needed. The health visitor works alongside your midwife in jointly providing support.
- Healthy Lifestyle Clinic - All women with a BMI of over 40 at booking will be invited to the Healthy Lifestyle Clinic. Working together with a Midwife and a Dietician, we will support you to reduce the risk factors associated with raised BMI and pregnancy.
- Walk and Talk sessions – Providing gentle, outdoor exercise and a chance to connect with other mothers from the area. We welcome all women and birthing people to attend these walks led by a qualified Maternity Support Worker any time during their pregnancy or in the weeks following birth.
Information about the support available for parents through the Family Hubs service can be found here.