Libraries and Customer Service Points
We have 13 Library buildings and a Mobile Library Service that cover all areas of Redcar and Cleveland, they are all free to join and open to all ages*.
Services and facilities available in all Library buildings include:
- A wide range of printed and audio materials and meeting space for local groups and societies
- Free public PC access, self-service library technology and access to the customer service portal
- Multi-skilled Libraries & Customer Service Representatives available to offer advice and information
Opening times and contact details can be found by clicking the required location below:
Please be aware that some health and safety measures continue to be in place at each of the buildings, including the advising of wearing a face covering (unless medically exempt).
Library and Community Hubs
Our Library and Community Hubs Includes Customer Service Pods with interview space, providing residents with confidential access to revenues and benefits advice and general information regarding all Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council services. This is currently by appointment only.
Library & Customer Service Points
Our dedicated Libraries Website allows you to:
BorrowBox – FREE eBooks and eAudiobooks
Borrowbox is home to the greatest authors of the world's best eBooks and eAudiobooks. Get BorrowBox to borrow, download and enjoy free eBooks and eAudiobooks all from your library.
You can access the Borrowbox Mobile App in four easy steps:
- Install the BorrowBox app (available on the App Store (iOS), Google Play and Amazon Appstore)
- Select your library service (Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council)
- Activate with your library membership (Library ID and PIN required)
- Borrow free eBooks and eAudiobooks
If you are unable to download the BorrowBox app, the Web version can be accessed here BorrowBox
Please contact your local library if you are having any issues accessing BorrowBox.
If you are unable to visit your local Library, but have a family member, friend or carer who could call in on your behalf, then we can select titles for you and have them ready to be collected on a regular basis. The books will have been chosen for you according to your reading tastes and if there is a book you particularly want to read you may request it free of charge. If you would like more information regarding this service then please contact us on 07909 906324 or email the team.
We can provide a wide range of large print books, if you have difficulty in reading normal print, and spoken word books are available for those with a visual impairment or may have difficulty handling books due to mobility issues.
Bus Passes and Blue Badges
- Concessionary Bus Passes – for further details and to apply for or renewal a Bus Pass online please click the following link: Concessionary Bus Pass Schemes (if you are unable to complete this process online please contact your local library).
- Blue Badges – for further details and to apply for or renewal a Blue Badge online please click the following link: The Blue Badge Scheme (if you are unable to complete this process online please contact your local library).
*Proof of residency is required for new membership and an adult guarantor is required for children who wish to join.