Libraries and Customer Service Points
Libraries are now open for the following services:
- Book browsing
- Public computer access (appointment based – please contact the Library to book)
- Face-to-face Council Tax and Housing Benefit advice (appointment based – Guisborough, Redcar, South Bank ONLY – please contact the Library for details)
- Photocopying and printing
- Concessionary Bus Passes – for further details and to apply for or renewal a Bus Pass online please click the following link: Concessionary Bus Pass Schemes (if you are unable to complete this process online please contact your local library).
- Blue Badges – for further details and to apply for or renewal a Blue Badge online please click the following link: The Blue Badge Scheme (if you are unable to complete this process online please contact your local library).
Some health and safety measures continue to be in place at each of the buildings, including the advising of wearing a face covering (unless there is a medical reason not to) and users are reminded to bring their library cards. Information posters will be displayed at each location and users be welcomed and given specific guidance for the particular library building they are using. The libraries have self-service machines (with the exception of Dormanstown and Laburnum Road) and returned books may be placed in the designated area at the entrance of each library building where they will be quarantined for 72 hours.
We are temporarily using the space within Roseberry Library in order to facilitate other essential Library Service requirements, therefore it remains closed to the public. We are currently in the process of assessing other locations to address this and we hope to be able to re-open Roseberry Library as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause, in the interim, your closest libraries are Redcar Library and Dormanstown Library which are open to the public as usual.
|Redcar||01642 444141|| ||9am-6pm||9am-6pm||9am-6pm||9am-5pm||9am-6pm||9.30am-12.30pm|
|Guisborough||01287 632668|| ||9am-6pm||9am-6pm||9am-6pm||9am-6pm||9am-5pm||9.30am-12.30pm|
|South Bank||01642 513699|| ||9am-6pm||9am-6pm||9am-5pm||9am-6pm||9am-6pm||9.30am-12.30pm|
|Loftus||01287 640582|| ||9am-5pm||CLOSED||10am-4pm||10am-5pm||10am-5pm||9.30am-12.30pm|
|Skelton||01287 650487|| ||9am-5pm||10am-5pm||CLOSED||10am-4pm||10am-5pm||CLOSED|
|Saltburn||01287 623584|| ||10am-5pm||CLOSED||10am-5pm||10am-5pm||10am-5pm||CLOSED|
|Marske||01642 485440|| ||9am-5pm||10am-4pm||10am-5pm||CLOSED||10am-5pm||CLOSED|
|Grangetown||01642 454417|| ||9am-5pm||CLOSED||10am-5pm||10am-4pm||10am-5pm||CLOSED|
|Ormesby||01642 314716|| ||9am-5pm||10am-5pm||CLOSED||10am-4pm||10am-5pm||CLOSED|
|Laburnum Road||01642 484142||am||CLOSED||9.30am-12.15pm||9.30am-12.15pm||CLOSED||CLOSED||CLOSED|
Unfortunately, there continues to be no provision for group meetings, events or activities.
BorrowBox – the digital service allowing users to borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks – and a book delivery service for housebound library users remain available.
Mobile Library Service
The Mobile Library
service is currently only offering a home delivery and collection service for
housebound, vulnerable or shielding residents. Please contact the Mobile
Library Service on 07909 906324 or email
the team to discuss the service and your requirements.
Our dedicated Libraries Website allows you to:
BorrowBox – FREE eBooks and eAudiobooks
Get BorrowBox to borrow, download and enjoy free eBooks and eAudiobooks from your library.
If you can't download the BorrowBox app, the Web version can be accessed here BorrowBox
You can also access the Borrowbox Mobile App in four easy steps:
- Install the BorrowBox app (available on the App Store (iOS), Google Play and Amazon Appstore)
- Select your library service (Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council)
- Activate with your library membership (Library ID and PIN required)
- Borrow free eBooks and eAudiobooks
Please contact your local library if you are having any issues accessing BorrowBox.
Virtual Book Club – South Tees Reads
Love reading, or want to read more? Join our monthly online South Tees Book Club!
South Tees Book Club is an online initiative created in response to the sweeping restrictions imposed by COVID-19 and is facilitated in conjunction with South Tees Public Health Service and Middlesbrough Council.
It aims to bring together grown-up book lovers from far and wide to share their favourite reads. Once a month the group will promote a book, which can be borrowed as an eBook from the Library BorrowBox service. Members of the group have a couple of weeks to read the book and then get together online to discuss it via video or phone.
The book club is open for everyone to join, and is a great way to (virtually) meet people. Better still, you can join from the comfort of your own home – perfect if you would usually struggle to travel to a regular book club.
How does it work?
Details of upcoming titles will be posted on social media, so please look out for them.
If you are unable to visit your local Library but have a family member, friend or carer who could call in on your behalf, then we can select titles for you and have them ready to be collected on a regular basis. The books will have been chosen for you according to your reading tastes and if there is a book you particularly want to read you may request it free of charge.
We can provide a wide range of large print books if you have difficulty in reading normal print and spoken word books are available for those with a visual impairment or may have difficulty handling books due to mobility issues.
Our Customer Service Standards
Providing a first-class customer service and meeting the needs and aspirations of our citizens is central to everything we do.
Our Top 10 Customer Care Commitments to you are:
- Treat you with dignity and respect
- Go the extra mile
- Welcome you with a smile and greeting and be professional at all times
- Be helpful and responsive to your needs
- Ensure our services are accessible and easy to use
- Listen to you and provide feedback to you
- Communicate clearly and provide information suited to your needs
- Involve you in the planning and delivery of our services
- Apologise when we get things wrong
- Promote equal access to services at all times
*Proof of residency is required for new membership and an adult guarantor is required for children who wish to join.