Libraries and Customer Service Points
We Select, You Collect
*From Monday 16 November, Grangetown Library will only be offering the 'Select & Collect' service on Thursdays and Fridays.*
Our new Select & Collect service is the easy way for you enjoy your favourite books. Simply call the Select & Collect library that you wish to collect from (Redcar, Guisborough, South Bank, Loftus, Grangetown, Marske, Ormesby, Skelton, Saltburn) and tell us your preferred book genre(s). We will then Select books based on preferences and provide a day and time slot for you to Collect them from the entrance area of the library. Please do remember to bring a bag with you in order to carry your collected books as we will not be able to provide one for you.
There will also be the option for you to return any library books you may have. These can be dropped off in the designated returns area, they will be quarantined for 72 hours, sanitised where appropriate, and then be made available again for selection.
Please remember the main interior of the library buildings will remain closed to the public, therefore there will be no provision for customer browsing, face-to-face appointments, use of public computer equipment, printing, photocopying or toilet facilities at this time, there will also be no provision for group meetings.
Opening times and contact information can be found below.
- Grangetown Library & Customer Service Point – Thursday and Friday, 10am-4pm (Tel: 01642 454417)
- Marske Library & Customer Service Point – Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, 10am-4pm (Tel: 01642 485440)
- Ormesby Library & Customer Service Point – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 10am-4pm (Tel: 01642 314716)
- Skelton Library & Customer Service Point – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 10am-4pm (Tel: 01287 650487)
- Redcar Library and Community Hub – Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm (Tel: 01642 444141)
- Guisborough Library and Community Hub – Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm (Tel: 01287 632668)
- South Bank Library and Community Hub – Monday to Friday, 10am-4pm (Tel: 01642 513699)
- Loftus Library and Customer Service Point – Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 10am-4pm (Tel: 01287 640582)
- Saltburn Library and Customer Service Hub - Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 10am-4pm (Tel: 01287 623584)
Mobile Library Service
The Mobile Library
service is currently only offering a home delivery and collection service for
housebound, vulnerable or shielding residents. Please contact the Mobile
Library Service on 07909 906324 or email
the team to discuss the service and your requirements.
Our dedicated Libraries Website allows you to:
BorrowBox – FREE eBooks and eAudiobooks
Get BorrowBox to borrow, download and enjoy free eBooks and eAudiobooks from your library.
If you can't download the BorrowBox app, the Web version can be accessed here BorrowBox
You can also access the Borrowbox Mobile App in four easy steps:
- Install the BorrowBox app (available on the App Store (iOS), Google Play and Amazon Appstore)
- Select your library service (Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council)
- Activate with your library membership (Library ID and PIN required)
- Borrow free eBooks and eAudiobooks
Please contact your local library if you are having any issues accessing BorrowBox.
Virtual Book Club – South Tees Reads
Love reading, or want to read more? Join our monthly online South Tees Book Club!
South Tees Book Club is an online initiative created in response to the sweeping restrictions imposed by COVID-19 and is facilitated in conjunction with South Tees Public Health Service and Middlesbrough Council.
It aims to bring together grown-up book lovers from far and wide to share their favourite reads. Once a month the group will promote a book, which can be borrowed as an eBook from the Library BorrowBox service. Members of the group have a couple of weeks to read the book and then get together online to discuss it via video or phone.
The book club is open for everyone to join, and is a great way to (virtually) meet people. Better still, you can join from the comfort of your own home – perfect if you would usually struggle to travel to a regular book club.
How does it work?
Details of upcoming titles will be posted on social media, so please look out for them.
If you are unable to visit your local Library but have a family member, friend or carer who could call in on your behalf, then we can select titles for you and have them ready to be collected on a regular basis. The books will have been chosen for you according to your reading tastes and if there is a book you particularly want to read you may request it free of charge.
We can provide a wide range of large print books if you have difficulty in reading normal print and spoken word books are available for those with a visual impairment or may have difficulty handling books due to mobility issues.
Our Customer Service Standards
Providing a first-class customer service and meeting the needs and aspirations of our citizens is central to everything we do.
Our Top 10 Customer Care Commitments to you are:
- Treat you with dignity and respect
- Go the extra mile
- Welcome you with a smile and greeting and be professional at all times
- Be helpful and responsive to your needs
- Ensure our services are accessible and easy to use
- Listen to you and provide feedback to you
- Communicate clearly and provide information suited to your needs
- Involve you in the planning and delivery of our services
- Apologise when we get things wrong
- Promote equal access to services at all times
*Proof of residency is required for new membership and an adult guarantor is required for children who wish to join.