Libraries and Customer Service Points
We have 13 Library buildings and a Mobile Library Service that cover all areas of Redcar and Cleveland, they are all free to join and open to all ages*
Services and facilities available in all Library buildings include:
- Multi-skilled Libraries & Customer Service Representatives available to offer advice and information
- A wide range of printed and audio materials and meeting space for local groups and societies
- Self-service library technology and access to the customer service portal
Opening times and contact details can be found by clicking the required location below.
Library & Community Hubs
(Includes Customer Service Pods with interview space, providing residents with confidential access to revenues and benefits advice and general information regarding all Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council services)
Library & Customer Service Points
You may prefer to access our customer services by contacting us via Live Chat (by clicking the button on the right), email or call on 01642 774774 (Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm).
Mobile Library Service
The Mobile Library Timetable information can be found in the 'Related Documents' section and you can contact the Mobile Library Service on 07909 906324 or email the team.
Our dedicated Libraries Website allows you to:
Access online resources
BorrowBox – FREE eBooks and eAudiobooks
BorrowBox is home to the greatest authors and world's best eBooks and eAudiobooks – Your library in one app!
Get BorrowBox to borrow, download and enjoy free eBooks and eAudiobooks from your library in four easy steps:
1. Install the BorrowBox app (available on the App Store (iOS), Google Play and Amazon Appstore)
2. Select your library service (Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council)
3. Activate with your library membership
4. Borrow free eBooks and eAudiobooks
If you are unable to visit your local Library but have a family member, friend or carer who could call in on your behalf, then we can select titles for you and have them ready to be collected on a regular basis. The books will have been chosen for you according to your reading tastes and if there is a book you particularly want to read you may request it free of charge.
We can provide a wide range of large print books if you have difficulty in reading normal print and spoken word books are available for those with a visual impairment or may have difficulty handling books due to mobility issues.
Our Customer Service Standards
Providing a first-class customer service and meeting the needs and aspirations of our citizens is central to everything we do.
Our Top 10 Customer Care Commitments to you are:
- Treat you with dignity and respect
- Go the extra mile
- Welcome you with a smile and greeting and be professional at all times
- Be helpful and responsive to your needs
- Ensure our services are accessible and easy to use
- Listen to you and provide feedback to you
- Communicate clearly and provide information suited to your needs
- Involve you in the planning and delivery of our services
- Apologise when we get things wrong
- Promote equal access to services at all times
*Proof of residency is required for new membership and an adult guarantor is required for children who wish to join.