What is Adult Social Care?
Adult Social Care (also known as social services) is a service that aims is to help adults live longer and healthier lives and be independent for as long as possible. We do this by making sure that you have the support you need, when you need it, for as long as you need it.
Contact the Adult Social Care Team
You can contact the Adult Social Care Team by telephone on 01642 065070 during business hours. Please call 01642 524552 for the out of hours service.
Adult Social Care can support you if:
- you have a health condition or disability that is making it difficult to manage everyday activities; or
- you provide unpaid care for a family member or friend; or
- you are being abused and need help to stop it happening or if you are concerned that someone else may be being abused.
The types of support that we can offer will depend on your needs. It could include:
- Advice about what you can do to live independently for as long as possible
- Information about care and support that is available in your community
- Support for carers, including respite or replacement care so that you can have a break from your caring role
- Occupational therapy
- Direct payments so that you can arrange your own care and support
- Day services and Activity and Wellbeing Centres
- Community care and support services (also known as care at home)
- Extra care housing
- Short or long term residential care