2019 - 2020 Budget Proposals
We are asking for your feedback regarding the Council's plans for the financial year 2019 - 2020. The full Budget Proposal Report is available for residents to view here.
Please visit our consultation survey to make sure you have your opinion heard. The consultation takes place until January 2019 and will be used to inform the Council of residents views on the budget proposals.
Strategic Transport Plan
The Tees Valley Combined Authority is currently developing a Strategic Transport Plan due for publication in draft form during Autumn 2018.
This plan will set out how transport in the Tees Valley can sustainably support 25,000 new jobs by 2026 along with 22,000 new homes. The aim is 'to provide a high quality, quick, affordable, reliable and safe transport network for people and freight to move within, to and from the Tees Valley'.
To do this we need to:
- Improve our local railways by having more, faster and better trains and stations, so that journeys by rail are quicker and more comfortable.
- Maintain and improve our roads so that they are safe and less congested.
- Provide better bus services that are punctual and reliable, with improved passenger information and facilities, which provide access to where people want to go, when they want to go.
- Provide safe walking and cycling routes to make it easier to travel on foot and by bike.
- Make it easier and safer to transport freight by road, rail, sea and air.