Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council accepts no responsibility and expressly disclaims all liabilities (excluding death or personal injury caused by the Council's negligence) which may arise from the use of this Web site or any of the links to other sites contained therein and, in particular, whilst care has been taken to ensure that all information is accurate, no warranty of any kind is given regarding the site or its contents.
Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council will not accept liability for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of inaccuracy or error contained within the pages of the site and will not be held responsible for the content of websites which follow on as links from this site. Where links to other sites are provided no warranty is given as to the contents of the site following on from them and they should not be taken as an indication that the Council endorses any associated information, products or services.
Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council will not accept any liability whatsoever for loss of data, damage to computer or other equipment, for computer viruses or other malicious programs or data transmitted to such equipment or any type of damages or loss (including but not limited to loss of income, profits, business, revenue or consequential loss) which arises out of or is in any way connected with the use of this website, its contents or the provision or non-provision of any services offered therein.
Competitions Terms and Conditions
There are times when Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council will run competitions. The terms and conditions for such competitions are as follows:
1. The prize draw is open to all those resident (as at the Draw Date set out below) within the Borough of Redcar & Cleveland who are aged 18 years or over, except employees and elected members of Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council (‘the Council’), their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
2. The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
3. All entries must be submitted by post to Communications Department, Redcar and Cleveland House, Kirkleatham Street, Redcar, TS10 1RT or by email to email@example.com and only one entry per person is permitted .
4. Entries received after the closing date/time will not be accepted.
5. The Council accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind
6. A winner will be chosen by random draw.
7. The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) before and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within seven days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
8. The prize will be sent to the winner by post.
9. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
12. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
13. Any personal data will be used for the purposes of the competition only. It will not be stored for future use and will not be passed on to a third party.
14. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
16. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
17. Winners will be required to participate in publicity related to the prize draw which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media.
18. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
19. The Promoter of this prize draw is Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council.
The Authority aims to provide a web site with content that is accessible to the widest range of visitors. We have hopefully achieved this by adhering to standards such as W3C, also standards set out by the office of the e-envoy, with the intention of achieving the government deadline of being e-gif (E-Government Interoperability Framework) compliant by 2005.
Although this website can viewed using any device and browser, it has been optimised for use with Google Chrome. This may result is some reduction in functionality for users who access the site using older web browsers.
Access to the website will be available 24/7, except for planned and emergency maintenance.