Council Tax Support
You may qualify if you are:
- On Unversal Credit, Income Support, Jobseeker's Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance
- On Pension Credit
- Working and on low pay (including people who are self employed)
- On a low income. For example, you might only get a retirement pension or be getting social security benefits, like Personal Independence Payments.
How much can I get?
Depending on the household income and savings:
- Pensioner households may be able to get a reduction of up to 100% of their bill
- Working age households may be able to get a reduction of up to 82.5% of their bill.
How to apply
You can get Council Tax Support backdated for up to 3 months. The Council Tax Support and supporting notes forms are available on the related documents menu.
You need to tell us straight away if you are receiving Council Tax Support and you have a change in circumstances.