Council Tax Support
You may qualify if you are:
- On Unversal Credit, Income Support, Jobseeker's Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance
- On Pension Credit
- Working and on low pay (including people who are self employed)
- On a low income. For example, you might only get a retirement pension or getting social security benefits, like Personal Independence Payments.
How much can I get?
Depending on the household income and savings:
- Pensioner households may be able to get a reduction of up to 100% of their bill
- Working age households may be able to get a reduction of up to 82.5% of their bill.
- Council Tax Support can be backdated for up to 3 months.
- Please visit the gov.uk benefits calculator to get an estimate of any Council Tax Support you may be eligible for.
How to apply and report changes