Council Tax Support
You may qualify if you are:
- On Income Support, Jobseeker's Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance or Universal Credit
- On Pension Credit, Guaranteed Credit and in some cases Savings Credit
- Working and on low pay (including people who are self employed)
- On a low income. For example, you might only get a retirement pension or be getting social security benefits, like Incapacity Benefit.
How much can I get?
Depending on the household income and savings:
- Pensioner households may be able to get a reduction of up to 100% of their bill
- Working age household with no children under 5 may be able to get a reduction of up to 82.5% of their bill.
How to apply
- You must apply directly to us. You can get Council Tax Support backdated for up to 3 months. The Council Tax Support and supporting notes forms are available on the related documents menu.
- You need to tell us straight away if you are receiving Council Tax Support and you have a change in circumstances.
- Please visit the gov.uk benefits calculator to get an estimate of any Council Tax Support you may be eligible for.