Sign In

​​Council Tax Support​​​

You may qualify if you are:

  • On Income Support, Jobseeker's Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance or Universal Credit
  • On Pension Credit, Guaranteed Credit and in some cases Savings Credit
  • Working and on low pay (including people who are self employed)
  • On a low income. For example, you might only get a retirement pension or be getting social security benefits, like Incapacity Benefit.

How much can I get?

Depending on the household income and savings:

  • Pensioner households may be able to get a reduction of up to 100% of their bill
  • Working age household with no children under 5 may be able to get a reduction of up to 82.5% of their bill.

How to apply​

  • You must apply directly to us. You can get Council Tax Support backdated for up to 3 months. The Council Tax Support and supporting notes forms are available on the related documents menu.
  • You need to tell us straight away if you are receiving Council Tax Support and you have a change in circumstances.
  • Please visit the benefits calculator​ to get an estimate​ of any Council Tax S​​upport you may be eligible​ for.


Redcar & Cleveland House,
Kirkleatham Street, Redcar,
Yorkshire TS10 1RT

you could call our Customer Services Team on 01642 774774 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK

Related Documents

Related Links