You might be entitled to a a reduction in your Council Tax, or be exempt from paying Council Tax.
You may not need to pay the full amount of Council Tax in the following situations:
- You live on your own
- You live with an adult (or adults) who aren't counted for the purpose of council tax
- Nobody in your home is counted for the purposes of council tax
- Your home (property) is exempt
- Your home (property) has been modified for somebody with a disability
- You're a care leaver (aged 25 or under)
For more information, please visit our who has to pay Council Tax page.