Adult social care complaints

How to make and submit complaints, compliments or comments about adult care services.

We always try to provide a high-quality service and want you to get the best possible support from us.

We want to hear your views on what we have done well, how to put things right and improve our services for the future.  

Your experiences can help us, so your comments, compliments and complaints about our services are welcomed. 

Compliments and comments 

You can also let us know when we have done well by completing our online form below:

You can also complete an adult care concerns, compliments and complaints form which you can request from your health or social care worker or by calling 01642 771500.


We recognise that sometimes things do go wrong.  If you are not happy with the service we have provided, you should: 

Step 1: Speak with your health or social care worker to try to resolve the issue informally. In most cases they will be able to deal with your problem straight away.

Step 2: If you are still unhappy and your issue has not been resolved informally, make a formal complaint to the adult care complaints officer. 

We understand that sometimes it is difficult to complain but we want to reassure you that you will not be disadvantaged by making a complaint.

You can make the complaint yourself or with the help of a family member, friend, or an independent advocate.

If you want an independent advocate to support you through the process, you can ask your health or social worker to arrange this for you. 

We may need to seek your consent to investigate a complaint raised by someone else on your behalf. 

How to make a complaint

Fill in a complaint form online using the form below:

You can also complete an adult care concerns, compliments and complaints form which you can request from your health or social care worker by calling 01642 771500 or by using the information below:


Call: 01642 444514

Write to: Adult Social Care Complaints and Information Governance Officer

Adult Social Care Complaints

Business Support Corporate Resources

Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council 

Redcar & Cleveland House

Kirkleatham Street


TS10 1RT

You can also read our guides which explain how we handle complaints: 

Our annual reports on complaints and compliments are available below:

Large print versions of these documents are available below:

Translated version of these documents are available here:

What happens after you make a complaint?

We will acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days to confirm we have received it. We will appoint an investigating officer to contact you to discuss your concerns and what you would like to happen for us to put things right.  

Complaint response

After the complaint investigation, we will write to you explaining how we have investigated your concerns, what the findings are and take any further action that is needed. 

We aim to respond to most complaints within 20 working days but if we need extra time due to the complexity of the complaint, we will write to you to advise of when you may expect to receive our response. We will keep you updated of any delays during the process. 

What if you remain unhappy after our investigation?

If you are unhappy with our complaint response, you can ask the local government and social care ombudsman (LGSCO) to review the way we have dealt with your complaint.

The ombudsman will only review a complaint after the council have investigated under their complaint’s procedure. 

You can view our latest annual performance letter from the LGSCO here: LGSCO Annual Review Letters

You can contact the LGSCO at: 

•    complete the online form at: The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman website
•    call: 0300 061 0614
•    write to: The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman, PO Box 4771, Coventry, CV4 0EH.