Redcar and Cleveland Governors' Association
Redcar and Cleveland Governors' Association provides an independent, democratic forum for governing bodies within the Borough.
The Aims of the association, as set out in the agreed constitution, are as follows:
- To be an independent, democratic forum for all governing bodies in Redcar and Cleveland;
- To assist governing bodies to further the interests and education of children in Redcar and Cleveland;
- To promote the highest possible standards of school governance;
- To encourage co-operation and the sharing of good practice between schools and governing bodies;
- To further good relationships with the local authority and other relevant agencies;
- To provide a vehicle for expressing collective views of governing bodies and to make appropriate representation at local, regional and national level;
- To promote equality of educational opportunity for all children.
The Governors' Association is next due to meet in Summer Term 2019. The Executive Committee will agree the actual date when it next meets.
The Constitution of the Governors' Association was last revised in 2012. This can be viewed by clicking on the link below.
Redcar and Cleveland Governors' Association Constitution
Membership of the Governors' Association is open to governing bodies of all maintained and aided schools throughout Redcar and
Cleveland local authority, subject to payment of an annual subscription fee of £40. Each governing body member of the association may send a voting
representative to meetings, which are normally held once each school term.
The following schools are currently members of Redcar and Cleveland Governors' Association:
Coatham CE Primary
Kirkleatham Hall Special
Sacred Heart RC Secondary
South Bank Community Primary
St Margarets Catholic Primary
Galley Hill Primary
Green Gates Primary
Ings Farm Primary
Laurence Jackson School
New Marske Primary
Saltburn Learning Campus
St Marys RC Primary
An Executive Committee is responsible for the general management of the Association and such business as is decided by meetings of the Association.
The Executive Committee is elected at each Annual General Meeting and, in principle, includes representation from all types of school within the authority, all phases of education and, where possible, representation from geographical clusters.
Other governors, currently members of the Executive Committee are as follows: Dr D Thomson (Kirkleatham Hall School), Mr V Peel (Lakes Primary), Mrs Y Joy (New Marske Primary), Mr D Gallagher, Redcar Academy, Mr M Bloomfield, Belmont Primary and Mrs J Parncutt (Hummersea Primary School)
Rosemary Nicholls, as Secretary of the Executive Committee, prepares a summary following each presentation delivered by speakers at termly meetings. A collection of the most recent summaries can be found below:
Full Association Minutes
Executive Committee Minutes
Annual General Meeting Minutes
You can find out more about the Redcar and Cleveland Governors' Association by contacting Donna Scott, Manager of Governor Services on 01642 837758 or at firstname.lastname@example.org