Becoming a School Governor
Schools are keen to attract people from the community who bring energy, experience and fresh ideas to the role of school governor. Those who would make very good governors may be put off because they think that they need to be experts. This is not so. More important qualities are:
If you are interested in becoming a governor, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you want to put something back into the local community?
- Are you interested in people?
- Are you prepared to work as part of a team?
- Do you have time to get to know your school, go to meetings and read documents and reports?
- Are you comfortable asking questions?
- Are you open to new ideas and ready to learn?
- Do you want children to get the best from school?
Yes? Still interested? Please contact Donna Scott, Manager of Governor Services on 01642 837758 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively you can download an application form below.
School Governor Application Form
Should you wish to find out more about being a school governor please see our Frequently Asked Questions page.