Consideration of Applications and Allocation of Places
The LA will act as a clearing house for the allocation of places by the relevant admission authorities in response to the application. The LA will only make a decision in respect of the offer or refusal of a place in response to any preference expressed on the application form, where:
- it is acting in its separate capacity as an admission authority, or
- an applicant is eligible for a place at more than one school, or
- an applicant is not eligible for a place at any school for which they have expressed preference.
The admission arrangements for Foundation Status schools and Academies for 2021/2022 are published in the guide for parents.
In the case of preferences expressed for schools maintained by other LA's, preferences will be considered according to their own admission arrangements.
On 1 March 2021 an email will be sent to applicants who applied online informing them which school has been allocated and a letter will be posted on 1 March 2021 to all parents/guardians informing them of the outcome of their application. The letter will provide the following information:
The name of the school at which a place has been offered;
- for foundation schools and academies indicate that the offer is made on behalf of the governing body / academy trust of that school;
- the reason why the child has not been offered a place at another school, ranked as a higher preference by the parent;
- information about the statutory right of appeal against a decision not to offer a place at a school given as a higher preference.
- Parents who wish to appeal for a place in a school maintained by another LA will be advised of the necessary process and provided with the relevant contact details for making their appeal.