Consideration of Applications and Allocation of Places
The Local Authority will act as a clearing house for the allocation of places by the relevant admission authorities . The LA will only make a decision with respect to the offer or refusal of a place in response to any preference expressed where:
- it is acting in its separate capacity as an admission authority, or
- an applicant is eligible for a place at more than one school, or
- an applicant is not eligible for a place at any school for which they have expressed preference.
In considering applications all expressed preferences are considered equally, regardless of their ranked order.
In the case of academies and foundation schools, the governing bodies and academy trusts will consider the preferences according to their own admission arrangements, as published in the booklet "Primary Education - A Guide for Parents
" which is available on the Redcar and Cleveland website.
On 16 April 2021 an e-mail will be sent to all applicants who applied online, informing them which school has been allocated and on 16 April 2021 letters will be posted to all parents informing them of the outcome of their application. The letter will provide the following information:
- the name of the school at which a place has been offered;
- for academies and foundation schools, indicate that the offer is made on behalf of the governing body / academy trust of that school;
- the reason why the child has not been offered a place at another school, ranked as a higher preference by the parent;
- information about the statutory right of appeal against a decision not to offer a place at a school given as a higher preference.