Primary School Admissions Information
Get in touch
It is not possible to answer all a parent's questions here so please do not hesitate to contact the Admissions Team (01642-837740/837730/837702) or the Choice Adviser (01642-444539 for more information, alternatively you can e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- our opening hours are: Mon-Thu: 08:30-17:00, Fri: 08.30-16:30
Main Admission Application Form
If you are unable to use the online admissions application site you can apply by using the attached form.
Preference Form Primary Schools
Roman Catholic Primary Schools
Applications for Roman Catholic primary schools in the borough require a supplementary form which is available below:
Primary Roman Catholic Supplementary Form
Further information about the Co-Ordinated Primary School Admission Scheme 2021 - 2022 is available below and throughout the pages in the 'Related Links' menu.
- The School Standards & Framework Act 1998, as amended by the Education Act 2002, places a statutory duty on every LA to formulate a scheme for co-ordinating admission arrangements for all primary schools in the LA area.
- The purpose of co-ordinated admission arrangements is to establish a mechanism for ensuring, so far as reasonably practicable, that every parent of a child living in the LA area who has applied for a school place in the normal admission round, receives an offer of one, and only one school place on the same day. All parents / carers should apply for a primary school place to the local authority in whose area they are living. This applies even if you are applying for a school outside of that local authority area.
- Co-ordinated admission arrangements are an administrative process intended to make school admissions easier, more transparent, and less stressful to parents.
- The LA co-ordinates the admission arrangements to all year groups for schools maintained by the authority, including foundation schools for whom their governing bodies are the admission authorities and academies for whom the Academy Trust is the governing body. However, these arrangements do not affect the rights and duties of foundation schools and academies to set and apply their own admission arrangements and over-subscription criteria.
- The co-ordinated admission arrangements do not apply to admissions to special schools.
In the admission scheme:
- 'the LA': means Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council acting in its capacity as a local authority;
- 'the LA area': means that area in respect of which the LA are the local authority;
- 'the school': means all community, voluntary controlled and voluntary aided schools which are maintained by the LA (but not a special school);
- 'admissions authority': in relation to a community or voluntary controlled school means the LA, in relation to a VA school means the governing body of that school and in relation to academies means the Academy Trust;
- 'casual admission': means any applications received for primary schools outside of the normal admission round;