Sign In

​​​​Child Employment

Part-time work can be a very positive experience for young people and give them some independence and responsibility.

Parents must ensure their child is registered with our local authority and has a permit to work.

Employers have responsibility to the children they employ and should apply to our local authority for the permit by completing the EMP1 application form and returning it to the Attendance and Welfare Service. You can read more about this in the Guide to Child Employment leaflet and the local authority Byelaws for the Employment of Children. 


Entertainment Licences

Our local authority is also responsible for issuing Performance Licences. The application form ENT1 should be completed and returned to the Attendance and Welfare Service. 


Chaperone Licences

A Chaperone is required and expected to act as a responsible guardian in place of the parents while a child is under their care, to ensure their safety and guard against exposure to possible hardship or inconvenience.

Our local authority are responsible for the issue of chaperone licences for registered chaperones; these can be professional or volunteers. All chaperones will be checked and vetted by our local authority before a licence can be issued. The application form is attached.​


Redcar & Cleveland House,
Kirkleatham Street, Redcar,
Yorkshire TS10 1RT

you could call our Customer Services Team on 01642 774774 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK

Related Documents

Related Links