Specialist Teaching Service Learning
The Learning team is made up of specialist - qualified teachers and clerical support. The Service provides consultation and advice, assessment, intervention and training.
All teachers have qualifications beyond their teaching certificate or degree. The majority of the team have a postgraduate certificate in the teaching of children with specific learning difficulties/dyslexia in the classroom context as an additional qualification, as well as substantial practicing experience.
The team also has specialists in maths and ICT.
The Service also runs the Intensive Reading Class for able pupils with severe dyslexic difficulties at Key Stage 2.
Consultation and advice
- For schools
- For parents and carers
- For pupils
- Literacy assessments
- Numeracy assessments
- Specific Learning Difficulty/Dyslexia assessments
- Further assessments which review progress and provide new targets
- Contribution of advice for EHCPs
- ICT assessments
- Access Arrangements for external exams
- Reviews of SEN pupils, providing further strategies and recommendations
- Advice on individual learning programmes
- Booster class-type provision
- Intensive Reading Class
- Intensive spelling and writing classes
- Dyslexia and specific learning differences
- Dyscalculia and specific maths difficulties
- Supporting struggling readers
- Provision mapping
- Speaking & listening
- Resources for individuals using ICT
- Inference training (improving comprehension skills)
- Exam Study Skills