Eston - Getting Involved In Your Neighbourhood
We believe that strong, empowered communities are key to the future success of our Borough.
Keen to get everyone in the community involved, we value diversity and actively promote the empowerment of individuals, groups and communities. Our officers work to build relationships with and within communities, assisting them to identify common issues and help them to take action in order to address concerns that matter most to them.
Working alongside communities we provide support, advice and assistance to help them use their skills, knowledge and experience to enable them to take action and influence decision making, all with the aim of developing empowered, stronger, healthier and successful communities.
Our officers provide a range of support including:
- Help to set neighbourhood priorities and assist communities to develop a plan of action
- How to bring people together and organising community meetings
- Signpost to possible funding sources and helping with funding applications
- How to plan, develop and manage a project
- Supporting groups to be inclusive and to involve all sections of local community
For more information please contact your Community Development Officer:
Jan Rudsdale is the Community Development Officer for the Eston area. Jan can be contacted by telephone on 01642 774774 or by email
The community development team offers advice and support to a number of community groups across the ward including:
- Bankfields Allotments Association
- Birkdale Community Group
- Whale Hill Community Association
Eston ward neighbourhood action partnership meeting dates