Drugs and Alcohol
Drug and alcohol-related harm in Redcar and Cleveland is a significant cause of concern with analysis suggesting Redcar and Cleveland experience some of the greatest health-harms and have amongst the highest costs associated with alcohol-related harm in England.
If you or someone you care for are suffering because of drug or alcohol misuse, the following local services are available to help you. Both services can be accessed confidentially and are free of charge.
Support services available to individuals aged 18 or over
Change Grow Live
- Change Grow Live (CGL) provide information, advice and support to overcome drug or alcohol issues is provided to adults (aged 18 and over) living in Redcar and Cleveland.
- CGL provide an integrated drug and alcohol treatment system through Prevention, Recovery Coordination and Through care & Aftercare services. They promote safer injecting practices, provide needle exchange facilities, blood borne virus screening and immunisation, information and advice around drug or alcohol misuse and support to overcome problematic drug or alcohol use which can include the provision of clinical support. They operate from a number of premises across Redcar and Cleveland so that support can be delivered locally within communities affected by drug or alcohol misuse.
- For more information and contact information please visit the CGL website here.
Support services available to individuals aged under 18
- CREST provide information, advice and support to young people from Redcar and Cleveland who use drugs or alcohol.
- CREST also supports young people whose lives are affected by their parents, carers or siblings drug or alcohol use. The service is for under 19s only. CREST is a confidential service that can offer advice, support and guidance. They also aim to support young people who have drug or alcohol problems with housing, employment, education and training as well as offering support to parents and carers.
- CREST can be contacted on 01642 496006.
To provide any information on the supply of drugs, or if you have concerns about drug use in your area
Please contact the Community Drugs Enforcement Team on 0800 092 9702.