Apprenticeships with Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council
Have you considered an Apprenticeship at Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council? You can earn £5 per hour (£185 per week/£9,646 per year)!
At Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council we recognise the value apprenticeships can bring to the local community, boosting skills and employment prospects. We employ Apprentices as a key part of our own workforce offering a high quality pathway to a variety of successful careers and gaining a nationally recognised qualification to ensure the Council are meeting its current and future skills needs.
As an apprentice you will be employed and will study for a qualification with the full support and commitment of Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council. Apprenticeships allow you to combine work and study by mixing on-the-job training and classroom learning. You will gain work experience, attend a local training provider and earn a wage.
Did you know that by 2017, 88% of our apprentices had successfully complete their training, gone on to further employment or into education. Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council employ 37% of these and a further 27% have gone on to employment elsewhere or have started their own business.
Benefits of becoming an apprentice at Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council:
- Highly competitive salary (we pay more than the National Apprenticeship Wage in your 1st year of apprenticeship)
- Generous Annual Leave Entitlement of 28 days (plus bank holidays)
- Discounts on travel, supermarkets, retail, hair and beauty, holidays, cinema, restaurants and many more
- Develop your career prospects
- Avoid student debt and university fees
- Gain a Nationally recognised qualification
- Receive training and practical hands-on work experience
What apprenticeships do we offer?
- Business Administration
- Customer Services and Libraries
- Working in our Neighbourhoods
- Waste Services (Refuse & Recycling)
- Motor Vehicle Fitter
- Building Studies
- Youth Worker
- Human Resources
How to Apply
1. Read the job advert/job description and person specification carefully before you apply
3. Return your completed application form online through North-East Jobs or alternatively return a completed application form to:
By post: Apprenticeship Team (Business Support), Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council, Redcar and Cleveland House, Kirkleatham Street, Redcar, TS10 1RT
4. Any questions or queries please contact the Apprenticeship Team 01642 444464
Contact Our Apprentice Team
Telephone: 01642 444464
By Post: Apprentice Team (Business Support) Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council, Redcar and Cleveland House, Kirkleatham Street, Redcar, TS10 1RT