Sign In
Skip Navigation LinksHome > Resident > Housing and Property > Housing Development > Local Land Searches Further Information
Further Information about Local Land Searches

Who carries out the Local Land Charges search?
Search requests are usually received from the Solicitor or Licensed Conveyancer acting for the purchaser of a property. Personal Search Companies also make searches and anyone can make a search if they submit their request on the correct forms. These forms - the LLC1 and CON29 - are available from Legal stationers.

How many forms do I need to submit?
The LLC1 and Con29 forms should be submitted in duplicate when sending in a postal request.

Do I need to send you any plans of the property?
Yes we require an A4 plan in duplicate with the property to be searched on clearly outlined in red.

Who can apply for a Search?
Any person can apply. You can lodge the application yourself or through your Solicitor or Licensed Conveyancer.

What is the difference between a Personal Search and a Local Authority search?
A Personal Search provides the information of an LLC1 search but its content is your own responsibility and its accuracy is not guaranteed by the Council. A CON 29 form is not used for a Personal Search enquiry and if you wish to ask any similar questions you must approach each individual Council department yourself. You may be charged for any information that is provided following such requests. Some Land Charges information may be accessed via a searches portal in the Library at Redcar & Cleveland House, Kirkleatham Street, Redcar.

What is NLIS?
NLIS ( National Land Information System) is the electronic way of sending and receiving search requests. 

Can I submit a Clients cheque?
We will accept clients cheques however the ​search replies will not be returned to you until the cheque has been cleared by our Bank.

Will the road information reply tell me if all the roads abutting my property are adopted?
Yes provided they have been requested on the CON29 form.

Do I send my Commons Registration Search to you?
Yes by selecting Question 22 on the CON29 form.

Can Land Charges tell me who owns a certain property or piece of land?
No you will need to make application to the Land Registry.

Contact us
Tel: (01642) 444408 or contact the team by email.

Further Information and Guidance
Further Land Searches guidance is provided by the government appointed Land Data Organisation

Schedule of Registers:​


Redcar & Cleveland House,
Kirkleatham Street, Redcar,
Yorkshire TS10 1RT

you could call our Customer Services Team on 01642 774774 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK

Related Documents

Related Links