Welfare Rights Service
Our Welfare Rights Service provides free, independent, and confidential specialist advice and information on welfare benefits to the residents of Redcar and Cleveland. We focus on specialist casework and complex benefit issues with the aim to provide the information and advice people need to make informed decisions about their benefits. If you require general information on benefits and how to claim please use our Welfare Benefits A-Z Guide.
Access to the Welfare Rights Service is by referral only. If you are currently being supported by any of the organisations below and require specialist benefit advice, please ask them to make a referral to our service.
- Redcar & Cleveland Adults Social Care
- Redcar & Cleveland Children's Social Care
- Redcar & Cleveland Secondary Mental Health Services.
- Redcar & Cleveland Citizens Advice
The Welfare Rights Service aims to support primarily through the provision of specialist advice and information. We are able to provide casework if required however priority is given to those who are in the following groups: -
- people who are aged 65 and over
- people with severe and enduring mental health problems
- people who have a severe learning disability
- people who have a social care package of care
- children with disabilities and their carers
- care leavers
- people with a critical illness
- people with a registered sensory impairment
- people who previously served the armed forces.
Everyone working for the Welfare Rights Service has a legal duty to keep and process information about you in accordance with the law. Our privacy notice can be found below:Welfare Right Privacy Notice
If you are a partner organisation and wish to make a referral please email firstname.lastname@example.org