How you can report fraud.
Call the National Benefit Fraud helpline on 0800 854 440 or alternatively report fraud via the Gov.uk website (external link).
What is benefit fraud?
- People who are working but do not declare this when they claim benefit
- People who claim as single people, but actually live with a partner
- People who claim from an address but do not actually live there
- People who do not tell us the full amount of income, savings, or capital when they claim benefit
- People who, for any reason, do not have any right to claim Housing or Council Tax Reduction
- People who are sub-letting their property
- People who do not tell us about other adults living in their property.