Sign In
Skip Navigation LinksHome > Resident > Council Tax & Benefits > Universal Credit > Where can I get help

​​​​​​Where can I get help?

​​Universal Credit is a benefit which you need to claim and manage online. Your application for Universal Credit must be made online. Click here to claim.

Help to claim

The Department for Work and Pensions has contracted Citizens Advice to help residents in making their claims for Universal Credit. For assistance ring the national helpline number:  0800 144 8 444


For webchat assistance visit the link below.  Wait for the blue bar to appear at the bottom right of the screen saying 'talk to an advisor', then click on the blue bar and start your web chat.


Digital skills courses

Free courses on digital skills are available from the Council to help people maintain their claim going forward. To view the course brochure click here

To book a place on the available courses please contact the Adult Education Admin Team or call 01642 771197


Free WiFi and Internet Access

The Council offers free public WiFi access points from many of its public buildings and wired access from 10 of its 12​ libraries. Below is a map showing access points: 

Please note: Saltburn Lifeguard Station is free WiFi hotspot only. There is no building access for the general public

at this location.  


Digital access

You can get Digital access to apply for Universal Credit by attending a local Library location detailed in the above map. In addition, free courses on Digital Skills are available from the Council to help people maintain their claim going forward. To book a place on a course please contact the Adult Education Admin Team 

or call 01642 771197


Redcar & Cleveland House,
Kirkleatham Street, Redcar,
Yorkshire TS10 1RT

you could call our Customer Services Team on 01642 774774 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK

Related Documents

Related Links