Historical Records - contact 01642 444440
Redcar & Cleveland Registration Service hold birth, death and marriage records for the area from 1837. We can help you with your family history providing copies of certificates from out records as long as you can supply sufficient information to enable us to identify the record you require. The areas in the records we hold are:
- Easington (Cleveland)
- Nunthorpe (part of)
- Ormesby (part of)
- South Bank
You do not need to fill in a form but can request the certificate you require by post in a letter addressed to:
The Superintendent Registrar
The Register Office
Redcar & Cleveland Leisure and Community Heart,
Alternatively use one of our forms to search for a record:
If you need further information you can contact us on (01642) 444440.
- Full name and surname of the person
- Date of the birth, death or marriage
- The address or area the event took place
- Any other information you can supply i.e. parents names, maiden name, spouse's names, and occupations are useful for cross-referencing.
Cost of certificates are:-
- £35.00 - Priority Service - collection or posted 1st class by the next working day if ordered by 3.00pm
- £11.00 - Standard Service – collection or posted 2nd class within 15 working days. The Service aims to post the certificate out by the fourth working day, where possible.
- £11.00 - Standard Certificate of Birth, Death, Marriage or Civil Partnership issued at the time of registration
- £11.00 – Short birth certificate
General Register Office - Postal Applications Section
PO Box 2
Tel: (0151) 471 4816
The National Archives
Tel: +44(0)20 8876 3444
Other useful websites for family history research:
Office of National Statistics
GENUKI - UK and Ireland Genealogy
A2A Access to Archives - The English Strand of the UK archives network.
National Archives - Census Online
Commonwealth War Graves Commission