Joint Citizenship and Passport Service (JCAP)
It is now possible to apply for your British Passport at the same time as applying for British Citizenship. This initiative is in partnership with the Home Office.
If your application for citizenship is a success, your British passport will be posted to your home after you have attended your citizenship ceremony.
The joint service costs an additional £12 which is payable at your appointment.
This service is currently only available Monday to Friday between 9am and 3pm. All applicants wishing to use this service who are aged over 15 must attend their appointment in person.
- Applications are made using the standard British Passport application form. These are available from the Post Office.
- When you fill in the form, please make sure that:
- Applicants should complete sections 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 (if applicable) and 9 of the passport application form. They do not need to complete section 10 nor have the 2 photographs certified. Details of referees will be collected as part of the citizenship application.
- You need to bring in three photographs. The photographs submitted with both applications must be identical (i.e. from the same sitting) and comply with the photo standards as described in the accompanying guidance. The applicants name should be written on the back of one photograph.
- Section 1: Any applicant within 6 months of their 16th birthday at the time of application must attend the appointment in person.
- Section 2: Please do not enter a mobile phone number in section 2 of the application form. Please enter it in Section 8 instead.
- Section 4: Grandparents details are not required.
- If you are unsure about any requirements leave the section of the form blank and complete it at your appointment.
If you have any further questions you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org