What is the European Passport Return Service?
The European Passport Return Service is available for sole applications submitted by EEA and Swiss Nationals applying online for a Registration Certificate to confirm their right to reside in the UK as a Qualified Person (worker, job seeker, student, self-employed or self-sufficient person) or to apply for Permanent Residence.
Redcar and Cleveland Register Office can check and photocopy your EEA or Swiss passport and forward a copy along with your checklist and supporting documents on your behalf to the Home Office. Your passport will be available for you to use whilst your application is being processed by the Home Office.
Appointments are available 9:00 14:15 Monday Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, Thursday 9:00 till 11:00. Please call the Register Office on 01642 444440
or email email@example.com
where staff will be happy to arrange an appointment for you.
Appointments are subject to our availability, and must be made before your application is submitted online.
When you have submitted your application online you will have your own application (PNN) number.
You will need to bring the following with you to your appointment:
- A copy of your completed application.
- Your application number
- Your passport.
- Your checklist
- The documents you wish to send to the Home Office as part of your application.
The cost of the service is £20.00 per application, the fee must be paid in advance at the time of making your appointment, the fee for postage of the documents to the Home Office will be calculated and made payable at the appointment.
- The service offered by Redcar and Cleveland Register Office is solely to check the passport, make a photocopy and return it to you.
- The Home Office may contact you for further information after your application has been submitted.
- Using the European Passport Return Service does not guarantee the success of the application and the Local Authority cannot provide any advice.
- This service will not ensure that your form has been correctly completed and correct supporting documents submitted.
- You are not required to provide your ID Card.
- For further information or Home Office guidance please visit Gov.UK website.