Sign In
Skip Navigation LinksHome > Resident > Bins, Waste & Recycling > Household Waste > Household Waste FAQs

​​​Household Waste FAQs

Which bin do I use for household waste?

Your brown lid bin is used for household waste (see image below)
Household Waste Bin

I have moved into a new build property and don't have a household waste bin. Can I have one?

Yes. If you have moved into a new build property you can request a household bin free of charge. Please call our Contact Centre on 01642 774774, or email the customer services team​, to request a new bin.

I have extra waste. Can I put this out with my bin?
Sadly, no. Our crews will not collect excess household waste. Residents can take any extra household waste they may have to the Dunsdale Recycling Centre​ where disposal is free of charge.

There are more that 5 people living in my property and my household waste bin is too small to accommodate the amount of waste we produce. Can I have a larger waste bin?
Yes. You can request a larger household waste bin if there are more than 5 people living in your property. Please call our Contact Centre on 01642 774774, or email the customer services team, to request a new bin.​

​What happens to my household waste after collection?
After collection, your household waste is taken to our Energy From Waste plant. Hous​ehold waste is incinerated here in order to produce energy, diverting it from going to landfill. None of our household waste goes to landfill. If the EFW plant is not working then this is the only time any of your waste goes to landfill - this is an extremely rare occasion.​


Redcar & Cleveland House,
Kirkleatham Street, Redcar,
Yorkshire TS10 1RT

you could call our Customer Services Team on 01642 774774 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK

Related Documents

Related Links