Sign In

​​​​What is a Care Plan?​

All children and young people who are looked after by Redcar & Cleveland Social Services Department will have a Care Plan. This Plan is about how Social Services can best look after you and make sure that everyone who has a responsibility for your welfare knows what they have to do in order to make your plan work.

Your Care Plan will include the following information:

  • Why you need to be looked after
  • Where you will live while you are being looked after
  • Your education
  • Your health
  • Any issues to do with your race, language, religion or culture
  • How you will keep in touch with your family and friends

When should a Care Plan be made?

Your Care Plan should be made before you move out of your home, although sometimes this may not be possible for a number of reasons. However, it will be completed soon after you start being looked after by Social Services.

Who makes the Care Plan?

Several people can be involved in making your Care Plan, but the most important person is YOU because it is your plan.

The other people who will help to put your plan together will be:

  • Your Social Worker
  • Your Parents or Carers
  • Your Foster Carers or Residential Social Worker

Sometimes, if relevant, others could be included in making your Care Plan such as:

  • Your Teacher
  • Close relatives

You will be asked to sign your Care Plan to show that you are in agreement with it.

Can my Care Plan be changed?

While you are being looked after by Social Services your plan will be reviewed by an independent Reviewing Officer. If you, or anyone who helped make your plan, wish to make any changes, then these can be discussed and agreed at your review.

It is very important that you are happy with your Care Plan, because you are the one who will be most affected by it.

We hope you have found this information useful and if you require any further details, please contact the Communications Manager:
Tel: (01642) 771500
Alternatively write or call in to Social Services - see contact details.

What if I am not happy?

If you are unhappy about something, firstly try talking to your Social Worker, Carer, Teacher or someone you trust.
If it is not sorted out you can make a Complaint to the Designated Complaints Officer at Social Services by phone, letter or using the complaints form in your welcome pack.

If you feel unable to make the complaint yourself then please ask someone to do this on your behalf, this person is often called an advocate. For help with this you may contact the National Youth Advocacy Service (NYAS):
Tel: 0800 616101


Redcar & Cleveland House,
Kirkleatham Street, Redcar,
Yorkshire TS10 1RT

you could call our Customer Services Team on 01642 774774 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK

Related Documents

Related Links