If you have a spare bedroom, are friendly, approachable and want to make a real difference to a young person's life then Supported Lodgings could be for you.
Supported Lodgings provides Care Leavers aged 16 – 19 years with an opportunity to live in a safe home environment whilst they develop the confidence and skills they will need to live independent and fulfilling lives.
As a Supported Lodgings Host you:
- Don't have to give up work;
- Don't have to have a large house;
- Don't have to be a parent;
- Can be married, single or in a same sex relationship;
- It doesn't matter how old you are;
- You can still go on holiday.
You will receive:
- Training/professional development opportunities
- A weekly Supported Lodgings Host payment of £175
- Regular support provided by our Supported Lodgings Co-ordinator
- The care leaver will have the support from their own Social Worker and/or Leaving Care Personal Adviser
Call Amanda on 01642 776924/07789 652453 or email Amanda.Baxtrem@redcar-cleveland.gov.uk if you think you could be a Supported Lodgings host.
We'll take your details, answer any questions you have and arrange to meet you if Supported Lodgings is for you.