“You're dealing with young people who might have gone through a lot and aren't ready to be on their own," said Tracy, who provides a home for an 18-year-old. “They're scared and don't know how to handle it, their behaviour declines. The Supported Lodging scheme can really be a lifeline." (Tracy, right, – Supported Lodgings provider)
Supported Lodgings provides Care Leavers aged 16 years+, homeless young people and unaccompanied asylum seeking children aged 16 and 17 years old with an opportunity to live in a safe home environment whilst they develop the confidence and skills they will need to live independently.
As a Supported Lodgings Host you:
- Can be a home owner or rent your house and have a spare room.
- Could be a parent.
- Can be from any racial or cultural background.
- Are aged over 21 and be single, married, co-habiting and either male or female. There is no upper age limit as long as you are fit and healthy.
- Can be working, unemployed or retired and have time to support a young person.
You will receive:
- Training/professional development opportunities.
- A weekly Supported Lodgings host payment of £175 whilst a young person is in placement with you.
- Regular support provided by our Accommodation Officer.
Call the Target Leaving Care Team on 01642 488433 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We'll take your details, answer any questions you have and arrange to meet you if Supported Lodgings is for you.