Sign In

​​​​​Looking after your property and animals

​Sometimes, people are admitted to hospital or residential care in an emergency and have not been able to arrange for their property or pets to be cared for.

If this happens to you and you do not have anyone who is willing or able to look after your property or pets, the Council can help you.

The Council has a duty under the Care Act 2014 to protect any moveable property if we think there is a risk that your property might be lost or damaged. Moveable property includes pets as well as personal property, such as furniture or personal possessions.

​You can download 'Our Guide to Looking after your Property and ​Animals if you are in Hospital or Residential Care' document for further information.​​


Redcar & Cleveland House,
Kirkleatham Street, Redcar,
Yorkshire TS10 1RT

you could call our Customer Services Team on 01642 774774 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK

Related Documents

Related Links