Redcar & Cleveland
5. Consideration of Applications and Allocation of PlacesThe LA will act as a clearing house for the allocation of places by the relevant admission authorities in response to the application. The LA will only make a decision in respect of the offer or refusal of a place in response to any preference expressed on the application form, where:
- it is acting in its separate capacity as an admission authority, or
- an applicant is eligible for a place at more than one school, or
- an applicant is not eligible for a place at any school for which they have expressed preference.
5.1: The admission arrangements for Foundation Status schools and Academies for 2017/2018 are published in the guide for parents.
5.2: In the case of preferences expressed for schools maintained by other LA's, preferences will be considered according to their own admission arrangements.
5.3: On 1 March 2017 an email will be sent to applicants who applied online informing them which school has been allocated and a letter will be posted on 1 March 2017 to all parents/guardians informing them of the outcome of their application. The letter will provide the following information:
- the name of the school at which a place has been offered;
- for foundation schools and academies indicate that the offer is made on behalf of the governing body / academy trust of that school;
- the reason why the child has not been offered a place at another school, ranked as a higher preference by the parent;
- information about the statutory right of appeal against a decision not to offer a place at a school given as a higher preference.
2016 © Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council
Please visit our website: www.redcar-cleveland.gov.uk