Do I require Planning Permission?

For information regarding the new larger home extensions provision (coming into effect from 30 May 2013) under the neighbour consultation scheme, please click on the link below:

You can check if you need to apply for Planning Permission by one of the following methods: Development Management
Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council
Redcar and Cleveland House
Kirkleatham Street
Yorkshire TS10 1YA

NOTE: Development Management has experienced a significant increase in the number of general enquiries seeking informal planning advice. Due to resource constraints, such enquires do not take precedence over fee paying planning applications. A response to your enquiry will depend on the planning officers caseload and we are therefore unable to give a time period within which the enquiry will be responded to. Enquires will only exceptionally be the subject of an officer site visit and more complex enquiries that require internal and / or external consultation will take longer to deal with. We are currently working towards a new process that will require all such enquiries to be submitted through the website and direct into the department's information management system, which will make the handling and response to enquiries more efficient.


 icon Planning_Permission_Enquiry_Form.pdf (55.05k)
Last modified: 23/03/2015 09:07:46

 icon Planning_Permission_Enquiry_Form.doc (66.5k)
Last modified: 23/03/2015 09:01:51

Related link:
Local guidance on residential extensions and alterations

UK Government Planning Portal's Interactive House Guide

UK Government Planning Portal

* Link will open in a pop-up window
† Link leads to a website which is not under our control. We are not responsible for the content of any linked site. The link opens in a pop-up window
Bookmark and Share
Last updated:

Assigned review date:

Page Section:
Planning & Building

Footer images
Resident Business The Council Visit Jobs #skip_navigation News A to Z Access Keys Homepage What's New Site Map FAQs Help Complaints Terms & Conditions Contact Us Search
Planning Public Notices
Making an application
Planning Permission
Planning Permission