Further measures have been taken by Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council to reduce the impact of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) whilst keeping vital services running. Some of these changes impact our Waste Services, you can find out more below.
You can check when your bin is due to be collected by using our collection search tool here.
Residual and recycling waste
Residual waste and recycling waste collections will continue on the usual scheduled days, but the times residents usually have their collections will vary.
Residents are reminded to put their bins out at 7am on their normal waste collection day, to be brought back in at 7pm that evening. Refuse loaders will not return if people do not present their bins.
Redcar and Cleveland residents are to have their garden bins emptied in the next two weekends. The collection of garden waste over the next two weekends are as follows:
- If your bin normally gets collected on a Tuesday, your garden waste will be collected on Saturday 23 May;
- If your bin normally gets collected on a Wednesday, your garden waste will be collected on Sunday 24 May;
- If your bin normally gets collected on a Thursday, your garden waste will be collected on Saturday 30 May;
- If your bin normally gets collected on a Friday, your garden waste will be collected on Sunday 31 May.
Trade waste collections will continue to support local businesses which are still operating.
Dunsdale Household Waste and Recycling Centre
Dunsdale Household Waste and Recycling Centre will reopen on Thursday 7 May with strict new rules to ensure the health and safety of tip users and our staff. There are 3 key rules that wee want residents to remember:
- The site will be open from 7am-6pm, seven days a week, with closures for site cleaning;
- Resident MUST bring proof of their address in the borough. Those who arrive at the site without proof of address will be turned away;
- Vans and other vehicles that require a permit can only enter the site on Fridays between 7am and 9am. More information about the types of vehicle that require a permit can be found on the Dunsdale Tip information page here;
- We ask residents to maintain social distancing by staying 2 meters / 6 feet away from others at all times.
All waste will be collected but will not be cleared until more than 72 hours have passed, which is the lifespan of the coronavirus outside of the human body. This is to protect council staff. Emptying litter bins
These will be emptied when required for public health reasons, but the council expects these will need emptying less frequently due to the government's instruction for members of the public to stay at home.
We will continue to monitor our services and make changes where we need to. We would like to thank residents for their patience at this time.