Sign In

Skip Navigation LinksHome > Coronavirus > Test and Trace Support Payment Scheme

COVID-19 Test and Trace Support Payment Scheme

The Government has announced that financial assistance will be available for residents who have lost employment income as a result of being told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace or are having to care for a child or young person who has been told to isolate.


The assistance is aimed at the low self-employed who cannot work from home and low income employees who's terms and conditions of employment do not allow them to work from home or take paid leave in the isolation period or, if they need to look after a child or young person who has been told to isolate by their education provider, care provider or the NHS.


If entitled, applicants will receive a £500 assistance payment during their isolation period or care period for a Child/Young person.  


Frequently asked questions


Question) what does low income mean?

Answer) Applicants will be classed as a low income if they qualify for one of the following benefits in addition to their earnings: Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit. They may also be classed as low income if their income is slightly in excess of the qualifying level for these benefits.


Question) I am isolating as I have returned from abroad can I apply?

Answer) No, unless NHS track and Trace have told you to isolate.


Question) What do you mean by a young person that I need to look after?

Answer) A young person is someone aged 16-25 years who has an Education and/or Health and Care plan in place and has been told to isolate by their education or care provider.  


Question) I don't work, or I volunteer for no pay, can I apply?

Answer) No, the payments are only to cover loss of employed earnings.


Question) I am on furlough, can I apply.

Answer) No, because you should still receive your furlough income whilst isolating.    


Question) I have lost employment income due to isolating, or because I have to care for a isolating child or young person, but I do not receive any benefits, can I apply?

Answer) You, can, but we will need to assess your income and circumstances and decide whether you are classed as having a low income and will be in significant financial hardship if you do not receive a payment


Question) if I am eligible for a payment how long will it take before I receive payment?

Answer). If you have sent us everything that we need, we will aim to pay you within 3 working days.     


Question) I have a query regarding my claim how do I contact you?

Answer) If you have a query you can email us at . We will aim to respond to you within 24 Hours (excluding weekends and bank holidays)   

​How do I apply?

You can apply for the Test and Trace Support Payment using the 'Claim Now' button below.


Payment Policy

Further information and the payment policy can be found below.

Test and Trace Support Scheme Discretionary Payment ​Policy


Redcar & Cleveland House,
Kirkleatham Street, Redcar,
Yorkshire TS10 1RT

you could call our Customer Services Team on 01642 774774 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK

Related Documents

Related Links