Kirkleatham Estate Development Project - Latest News
The latest news and updates about the Kirkleatham Development Project can be found below.
- All funding has been secured for the walled garden and infrastructure project. A total of £8.3m will be used to fund the first major phase of developments over the period April 2018 to summer 2019.
- The main contractor for the walled garden and related infrastructure works, Metnor Ltd, have been working with our design team to develop the complex technical design and value engineering process since September 2017. This is now complete and the construction phase has now begun.
- A decision on the walled garden operator's licence is expected to be made in summer 2018. Information on licensing is displayed on the Councils website.
- Designs for the main Estate infrastructure (gateway, road link and main car park) will be used to procure a contractor by late summer 2018.
- The former nurseries site has now been prepared and future training activities are being planned.
- The Council will be working with heritage and business planning specialists through 2018 to complete a business plan and concept design for the stable block. It is anticipated that this will form the basis for a funding bid to bring the site back to life by establishing an exciting new cultural venue.
- The Residents Liaison Group, established in September 2017, now meets regularly to discuss developments and other activities across the Estate.