Sign In
Skip Navigation LinksHome > Business > Licensing > Licensing A-Z > Street Collections

​​​​​Street Collections​ Licence

If you want to collect money or sell items on the street for charity, you will need a street collection licence. It’s not just ‘streets’ that are covered - you’ll need a licence if you collect money in public areas, eg a shop doorway or car park.​

How much will it cost?

​There is no charge for carrying out street collections.​​

H​​​ow do I apply?

Street collections are free and anyone can apply providing they are over 16 years of age.

Applications should be made at least 28 days in advance of the proposed collection and should be accompanied by the following:
  • Particulars of any contracts with any charity which is to benefit from this collection
  • List of trustees
  • Previous years accounts
  • Literature on organisation(s) which will benefit


Online ​​​​Application

Licensing registers are available to view, by prior arrangement, at the Council Offices. For more information, please visit the Licensing Public Register page.

Contac​​t Details

Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council
Licensing & Parking
Redcar & Cleveland House
Kirkleatham Street
TS10 1RT 
Tel: 01642 774774


Redcar & Cleveland House,
Kirkleatham Street, Redcar,
Yorkshire TS10 1RT

you could call our Customer Services Team on 01642 774774 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK

Related Documents

Related Links