Sign In
Skip Navigation LinksHome > Business > Licensing > Licensing A-Z > Skip Operator

​​​Skip Operator Permit

Licence Summary 
If you wish to be a skip operator you need to register with the authority. You will need to show that you are adequately insured and have a waste carrier permit.

Regulation Summary 

Application Evaluation Process 
The following must be provided when applying for a skip operators permit:
  • Public Liability Insurance
  • Waste carrier permit

There is no fee to apply for an Operators permit.

Will Tacit Consent Apply? 
Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from us within 28 days.

How to Apply 
We aim to acknowledge your application form within three working days.

Online Application

Failed Application Redress and Licence Holder Redress
Please contact the Traffic Manager / Streetworks Co-ordinator, Engineering Section, Operations Division in the first instance using the contact details below.

Consumer Complaint
We would always advise that in the event of complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Consumer Direct will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Licensing registers are available to view, by prior arrangement, at the Council Offices. For more information please visit the Licensing Public Register page.

Contact Details
Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council
Corporate Resources Directorate
Engineering Section
Redcar & Cleveland House
Kirkleatham Street
TS10 1RT
Tel: 01287 612594


Redcar & Cleveland House,
Kirkleatham Street, Redcar,
Yorkshire TS10 1RT

you could call our Customer Services Team on 01642 774774 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK

Related Documents

Related Links