Sign In
Skip Navigation LinksHome > Business > Licensing > Licensing A-Z > Hypnotism

​​​​Performance of Hypnotism

Licence Summary
Anyone giving an exhibition, demonstration or performance of Hypnotism in Redcar and Cleveland on any person or in connection with entertainment to which the public are admitted whether by payment or otherwise is required to obtain authorisation from Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council by way of consent.

A separate application must be made by the person who will be carrying out the act of Hypnotism in relation to each premises/venue intended to be used.

Permission from the owner of the premises where the activity will take place is not required as part of the application process.

Regulation Summary

Application Process
Applications should be submitted at least 28 days before the performance, otherwise the application may not be determined in time.
Once a completed application form is received and the information has been checked, the following agencies will be consulted: Police, Fire Authority, Health and Safety, Local Safeguarding Childrens Board and relevant ward members. If there are no objections to the application, it can be approved by an officer of Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council. Any licence issued is subject to conditions. If there is an objection or any concern about the application, it will be referred to the Council's Miscellaneous Licensing Committee for a hearing of the application.

There is no fee for a permit to perform hypnotism.

Will Tacit Consent Apply?
No. This means you must wait until the application has been determined before any hypnotism activities can take place.

Apply Online
We aim to acknowledge your application within three working days. If you have applied online we will acknowledge your application via email.

Failed Application Redress
Please contact us in the first instance using the contact details below.

Licence Holder Redress
Please contact us in the first instance using the contact details below.

Consumer Complaint
We would always advise that in the event of complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, Consumer Direct will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

Trade Associations

Licensing registers are available to view, by prior arrangement, at the Council Offices. Visit the Licensing Public Register page for more information

Contact Details
Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council
Neighbourhoods and Customer Services
Licensing & Parking
Redcar & Cleveland House
Kirkleatham Street
TS10 1RT 
Tel: 01642 774774


Redcar & Cleveland House,
Kirkleatham Street, Redcar,
Yorkshire TS10 1RT

you could call our Customer Services Team on 01642 774774 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK

Related Documents

Related Links