To run a caravan site in Redcar and Cleveland you need a licence from Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council.
Conditions may be attached to a licence to cover any of the following:
- Restricting when caravans can be on the site for human habitation or restricting the number of caravans that can be on the site at any one time
- Controlling the types of caravans on the site
- Controlling the positioning of the caravans or regulating the use of other structures and vehicles including tents
- To ensure the steps taken enhance the land, including planting/replanting bushes and trees
- Fire safety and fire fighting controls
- To ensure that sanitary and other facilities, services and equipment are supplied and maintained
Mobile Homes Requirement for Manager to be a Fit and Proper Person
The Mobile Homes (Requirement for Manager of Site to be Fit and Proper Person) (England) Regulations 2020 prohibit the use of land as a residential mobile home site unless the local authority is satisfied that the owner or manager of the site is a fit and proper person to manage the site.
By October 2021, all site owners must submit an application for a relevant person to be assessed as fit and proper persons.
This requirement does not apply to non-commercial family-occupied sites.
Application Evaluation Process
Applications for site licences are made to the local authority in whose area the land situated.
Applications must be in writing and should detail the land the application concerns and any other information required by the local authority.
There are no fees associated with this licence.
Licensing registers are available to view, by prior arrangement, at the Council Offices. You can view the Licensing Public Register page
for more information.
Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council
Redcar & Cleveland House
Tel: 01642 774774