Sign In
Skip Navigation LinksHome > Business > Health and Safety > Environmental Health > Health and Safety in The Workplace

​​​Health and Safety in the Workplace

Health and safety legislation is enforced by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) or one of the over 380 local authorities depending on the main activity carried out at any particular premises.  In general Local Authorities are the main enforcing authority for retail, wholesale distribution and warehousing, hotel and catering premises, offices, and the consumer/leisure industries.


If you are unsure who is the enforcing body for your business click here.


For a wide range of information and guidance relating to Health and Safety at Work visit the HSE website. Alternatively you can contact us directly.


If you have suffered an incident at work that is RIDDOR reportable, it is a duty of your employer to inform the HSE through the RIDDOR reporting process. If your accident is to be investigated by this department, we will contact you after we have received the RIDDOR report.


Contact Details

Belmont House,​

Rectory Lane,

TS14 7FD.

Telephone number: 01287 612406



Redcar & Cleveland House,
Kirkleatham Street, Redcar,
Yorkshire TS10 1RT

you could call our Customer Services Team on 01642 774774 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK

Related Documents

Related Links