Businesses that make, market or use animal feed need to be registered and approved as animal feed businesses.
The following businesses are affected by animal feed legislation:
- manufacturers of compound feeds
- manufacturers of feed materials, feed additives and pre-mixtures
- companies transporting animal feed
- companies storing feed
- companies distributing compound feed
- food businesses supplying surplus food for use as feed
- pet food manufacturers
- arable farms, growing, using or selling crops for feed use
- producers of animal feed for wild creates (including wild game) which is intended for human consumption
- livestock farms
- food and non-food businesses selling co-products which are destined as feed materials
For more information on starting an animal feed business visit the FSA Website or contact us directly.
Telephone number: 01287 612406