Sign In

​​​Feed Hygiene​

Businesses that make, market or use animal feed need to be registered and approved as animal feed businesses.


The following businesses are affected by animal feed legislation:

  • manufacturers of comp​ound feeds
  • manufacturers of feed materials, feed additives and pre-mixtures
  • importers
  • companies transporting animal feed
  • companies storing feed
  • companies distributing compound feed 
  • food businesses supplying surplus food for use as feed
  • pet food manufacturers
  • arable farms, growing, using or selling crops for feed use​
  • producers of animal feed for wild creates (including wild game) which is intended for human consumption
  • livestock farms 
  • food and non-food businesses selling co-products which are destined as feed materials


For more information on starting an animal feed business visit the FSA Website or contact us directly.


Contact Details

Belmont House,

Rectory Lane,

TS14 7FD.

Telephone number: 01287 612406



Redcar & Cleveland House,
Kirkleatham Street, Redcar,
Yorkshire TS10 1RT

you could call our Customer Services Team on 01642 774774 between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK

Related Documents

Related Links