Redcar & Cleveland Compact
A Shared Commitment to Building a Better Borough, a compact way of working in Redcar & Cleveland.
What is the Compact?
- An agreement between local public bodies and the Voluntary & Community Sector which sets out:
- Our shared values and principles
- How we will work together for the benefit of local people
Who is our Compact for?
It is for all public sector bodies and all voluntary organisations and community groups working in Redcar and Cleveland.
Why do we need a Compact?
We need a Compact to help us:
- Develop better working relationships, stronger engagement and improved understanding between public bodies and the third sector.
- Make the most of the resources that are available to us all so that we can work together to make a real difference to the lives of local people.
Our Compact Shared Values
- Trust and confidence.
- Mutual understanding and respect.
- Openness, transparency and accountability.
Our Shared Principles
- There is added value in working in partnership towards common aims and objectives.
- An independent and diverse voluntary and community sector is fundamental to the well-being of society.
- Public partners, the voluntary and community sector (third sector), have distinct but complementary roles.
- Meaningful consultation builds relationships, improves policy development and enhances the design and delivery of services and programmes.
- Common to all partners is the need for integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- Third sector organisations are entitled to campaign within the law in order to advance their aims.
- Funding can be an important element of the relationship between public partners and the third sector.
- All partners acknowledge the importance of promoting community cohesion and equality of opportunity for all.
You can view the Redcar and Cleveland Compact document online.