When you come into care it can be confusing so we have put together some things that we think might help you.
We thought a good and not so good list might helpWhat's not so good!
- You don't know who you're going to live with
- Don't see your family as much as you used to
- Move away from your friends (may have to move schools)
- May not get along with foster carers
- Different schedule
- It's scary when you don't know where you're going
Here are our quick Top Tips!
- Knowing that you are safer
- Meeting new people
- A fresh start
- Bonding with foster parent, gives you new path to learning new skills
- Prepares you for adulthood
- Shows what parents do
Return to: LOOKED AFTER CHILDREN COUNCIL
- Speak up your Social Worker will listen to you.
- Don't be scared to ask questions
- Learn the ground rules (change/agree with your carers)
- Don't be afraid to talk about your feelings
- Be willing to compromise
- Keep your head up
- Make the best of it
- Adults will help you if you work with them. They want what's best for you and your family.