Tuned In!
Link to Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council's website
Link to facebook Link to Twitter Tunedin Address


If you are under 16 you are not legally allowed to leave home unless there are serious problems such as violence or abuse. If this is the case contact Childrens Services or your Connexions Personal Advisor immediately.

If you are under 16 and having troubles at home you can seek help from Unite Mediation who can help you and your family to talk and find solutions to your problems together. You can contact Unite or find out more by ringing 01642 311633 or email jaynegray@unite-mediation.org

Did you know:

Average cost for single person private rented accommodation is £75-85 per week

You will need to cover cost of food, water, gas, electricity, insurance, phone, laundry & Council tax.

Full Housing Benefit entitlement for a single person under 25 is £53.08 per week.

For help and advice please contact the Housing Advice Team on 01287 612444

Private renting

Private renting will provide you with more options. In 2008 waiting times for a housing association flat in Redcar was 3.5 years. You will probably only wait a short while to get a private rented place.

Private housing is available very quickly, and you have a greater choice over areas and properties.

Couples and families with children can claim for self-contained accommodation.

Nearly all landlords require a cash deposit. If you are unable to save a cash deposit Redcar & Cleveland have a Bond Guarantee Scheme which will guarantee up to 4 weeks rent (up to a maximum of £500).

Housing Associations

The housing register is a list of people waiting to be offered a home with a Registered Social Landlords (RSL) often known as a Housing Association. The Council transferred the ownership of its properties to Coast & Country housing in 2002, therefore there are no Council homes in this area.

Approximately 3 out of every 4 empty RSL home goes to someone on the Councils Housing Register. Unfortunately, this isnt a quick option but it is worthwhile putting your name on the list when you are 16 or over. Most RSLs wont let you have a home until you are 18 or over.

If you would like to apply to go on the Housing Register, contact Coast & Country on 01642 771300