- Board meeting minutes
- Working Together
- Practitioners Guide to RCSCB
- Redcar & Cleveland LSCB E-Bulletin
- Annual Report and Business Plans
Redcar & Cleveland Safeguarding Children Board (RCSCB) was established in April 2010 after the disaggregation of South Tees Local Safeguarding Children Board.
The LSCB is a statutory body made up of organisations which work with children and young people. The LSCB is the key mechanism for agreeing how relevant organisations in each local area will co-operate to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and for ensuring the effectiveness of what they do.
What does the RCSCB do?
The RCSCB holds a meeting every two months, its aim is to ensure all children and young people in Redcar & Cleveland are appropriately safeguarded. It monitors the effectiveness of agencies which work with children and young people and this is done through discussion and presentation of reports. The RCSCB works closely with other partnerships, including the Health & Wellbeing Board and Family Justice Board. A key part of this partnership working is to ensure that agencies safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
The work of the RCSCB includes:
- Assessing effectiveness of help provided to children and families, including early help
- Assessing whether RCSCB agencies are fulfilling statutory obligations in relation to safeguarding children
- Quality assuring practice through joint audits of case files and identifying lessons to be learned
- Monitoring and evaluating effectiveness of training, including multi-agency training
- Developing and agreeing local policies and procedures; including action to be taken when there are concerns, thresholds for intervention and allegations against staff
- Raising awareness in the wider community of the need to safeguard children
FINAL Redcar & Cleveland LSCB Constitution 2014 can be downloaded below.
The RCLSCB members welcome pack can be accessed here.
Redcar and Cleveland LSCB Constitution - 2014.pdf (154.35k) Last modified: 09/01/2014 9:17:50
RCLSCB Member Welcome Pack.pdf (78.57k) Last modified: 16/04/2014 10:16:11
What are the RCSCBs local priorities?
At a joint planning session, members carried out a series of exercises to identify priorities for the board.
The five priorities identified for the RCSCB Business Plan 2016-2019 are:
- Quality of work
- Interagency working
- Early help
- Developments in practice