Do I require Planning Permission?

You can check if you need to apply for Planning Permission in a number of ways. Use the Planning Portal interactive house guide; submit an online planning enquiry; email your enquiry to the Development Management team; or completion of the 'Do I require Planning Permission form?'. Links to each of these options can be found below.

PLEASE NOTE: You can find details of our Privacy Policy here.
Development Management
Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council
Redcar and Cleveland House
Kirkleatham Street
Yorkshire TS10 1RT

NOTE: Development Management has experienced a significant increase in the number of general enquiries seeking informal planning advice. Due to resource constraints, such enquires do not take precedence over fee paying planning applications.

The length of time for a response will depend on the complexity of the enquiry and the workloads of the case officers. All enquires will be acknowledged within 10 working days and we aim to respond to your enquiry within 21 or 42 days depending on the complexity of the enquiry. Should you wish to contact the case officer once the enquiry has been allocated, they may be able to give a clearer indication of the response time. The Council does not presently charge for pre-application advice.


Related link:
Local guidance on residential extensions and alterations

UK Government Planning Portal's Interactive House Guide

UK Government Planning Portal

* Link will open in a pop-up window
† Link leads to a website which is not under our control. We are not responsible for the content of any linked site. The link opens in a pop-up window
Bookmark and Share

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK

Last updated:

Assigned review date:

Page Section:
Planning & Building

Footer images
Resident Business The Council Visit Jobs #skip_navigation News A to Z Access Keys Homepage What's New Site Map FAQs Help Complaints Terms & Conditions Contact Us Search