Traffic Noise

Traffic Noise
The Environmental Protection Team has no powers to deal with noise disturbance from road traffic. The Police however do have some powers to control noise from vehicles, under the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986 such as excessive noise from the revving of engines or the fitting of noisier exhausts.

Compensation - Insulation Grants
People living alongside new or improved roads may be eligible for noise insulation grants if the traffic is causing excessive noise. If your property depreciates in value because of noise arising from the construction of a new highway or the alteration of an existing highway, you may be entitled to compensation. In the case of road schemes compensation is paid by the Highways Agency.
Bookmark and Share

Live Chat Software by Click4Assistance UK
No Tags have been submitted for this page. Why not submit one?
What is a Tag?

Last updated:

Assigned review date:

Awaiting page content review by the allocated team

Page Section:

Footer images
Resident Business The Council Visit Jobs #skip_navigation News A to Z Access Keys Homepage What's New Site Map FAQs Help Complaints Terms & Conditions Contact Us Search